About the EERC
The Engineering Education and Research Center will be the Cockrell School's largest multidisciplinary building, where faculty, researchers and students across engineering and the entire UT Austin campus will come together to learn, collaborate and innovate. The vision for the EERC began nearly a decade ago, when school and university leadership committed to enhancing engineering education in the 21st century and ensuring the Cockrell School remains among the top engineering schools in the world.
- Under Dean Sharon L. Wood, Cockrell School breaks ground on EERC
- Cockrell School completes demolition of the 50-year-old Engineering-Science Building
- UT System Board of Regents approves $310 million funding plan, allowing construction to begin
- UT System Board of Regents provides $105 million in PUF bond funding
- Architectural design begins, with input from faculty and students
- Project Formation Study, under Dean Gregory L. Fenves, sets vision for EERC
- Facilities Master Plan identifies need for a multidisciplinary building
- Engineering Dean Ben Streetman and the Engineering Advisory Board recommend and fund a Facilities Master Plan
For information on naming opportunities or other ways to support the EERC, contact John Halton, Associate Dean for School and Alumni Relations, at 512-471-2120 or email@example.com.